About HSEE Exam 2021
Humanities and Social Sciences entrance exam 2021 or HSEE Exam 2021 is the entrance exam for admission to M.A. (Development Studies) (Integrated) and M.A. (English Studies) (Integrated). HSEE 2021 Exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
HSEE for the year 2021 has been announced by the Indian Institute of Technology Madras and will be held on 13/06/2021. The application forms are going to be available from 01/02/2021 till 15/03/2021. The exam is in online mode. It’s being conducted within the English language. Admit cards are going to be available from 12/05/2021. The result’s expected to be announced on 28/06/2021.
HSEE Exam 2021 Conducting Body:- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
HSEE Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- A Candidate should have appeared in any one of the following qualifying examinations for the primary time in either 2020 or 2021.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior secondary school Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of 5 subjects.
- Any Public School, Board, or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as like the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities.
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- Class XII skill courses of CBSE.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge, or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian
- Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the class XII examination.
- In case the class XII examination isn’t a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
There aren’t any restrictions on the number of attempts for the HSEE 2021 Exam.
HSEE Exam 2021 Syllabus:
Part I – English and Comprehension skill:
This section tests a candidate’s ability to unravel English questions. The key areas from which questions are to be asked are:
- Reading skills: A passage would be provided for comprehension and therefore the aspirant would be asked to answer the questions on its behalf.
- Grammar: English grammar including sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, active and passive constructions.
- Vocabulary: This part would try to comprehend their ability to use Vocabulary and their ability to conclude the meaning, structure, and collocation of words.
- Analytical and Quantitative Ability:
- Numbers, Algebra, Highest common factor (HCF) and Lowest common multiple (LCM), Calendar,
- Basic Statistics – Average, Ratio and Proportion, Profit and Loss, Percentages, Simple and interest, Work and time, Discount, Age sums, linear equations, elementary trigonometry.
- Data interpretation, Analytical reasoning, Logical reasoning, Brainteasers, and Patterns.
- General Studies
- Indian Economy
- Indian Society and Culture
- World Affairs
- Environment and Ecology
Aspirants can get any random topic to write down upon, it can relate from General English or Current Affairs. The essay should be descriptive, simple to comprehend, and examples should be included where necessary.
In HSEE 2021, the following people of nationalities can apply:
- Indian Nationals
HSEE Exam 2021 Important Dates
- Application Form:-01-Feb-2021 to 15-March-2021(05:00 PM)
- Admit Card:-12-May-2021 to 13-June-2021(08:00 AM)
- HSEE 2021 Exam Date:-Online Dates-13-June-2021
- Declaration of result:-28-June-2021